Bible classes for all ages are held at the building Sunday mornings at 9:30 am. Adult classes for June-July are:
- Auditorium – 2 Corinthians – Jeff Wright, Elisha Freeman, Jon Jones – Paul’s letter that we know as 2 Corinthians is rich with teaching about Christian ministry, responding to suffering, giving, and relationships in the church. It also contains a beautiful example of responding to personal attacks in a way that balances tact, grace, and truth. Join us in our class on this less-studied book!
- Young Adult – Upstairs education wing – Apologetics – various teachers – Sadly, there are people in this world that actively try to destroy our faith. You know how it goes; it sounds a bit like this… “If X has been proven to be true, then how can Y in the Bible possibly be true?” Have you thought about how you would respond? Is X even really true? Has this made you question your faith? Thankfully, God created us with the ability to reason and grow in wisdom. Paul writes in 2 Cor 10:5 that “we destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God.” Join our class this quarter as we look at how we can keep our faith strong and provide a defense when we encounter such questioning. Hope to see you there!
- Spanish Bible Study – Downstairs fellowship room.
Bible classes for all ages are held at the building Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm. Adult classes for June-July are:
- Fellowship Hall DOWNSTAIRS – Summer Series: Satan’s Arrows – various – See below for schedule of topics.
- Spanish Bible Study – Auditorium UPSTAIRS.
Summer Series 2023
The New Testament tells us in Ephesians 6:16 that Satan sets himself up as the enemy of Christians. Satan fires flaming arrows with the goal of burning down our faith and trust in God, ultimately getting us to give up and walk away from the faith. Our Summer Series in 2023 will focus on identifying some of Satan’s favorite arrows and how God can help us endure and overcome. Please make plans to join us on Wednesday nights at 7 p.m. through June, July, and August.
- June 7: Sin – Genesis 3, David Price (Morehead Church of Christ)
- June 14: Anxious – Matthew 6, Mike Hinrichs (Rocky Mount Church of Christ)
- June 21: Guilt – 1st Timothy 1:12-15, Kelvin Moore (Selma Church of Christ)
- June 28: Busy & Distraction – Luke 10:38, Keaton Pearce (Gold Hill Rd. Church of Christ)
- July 5: Fear – Joshua 1:9, Terry Rikard (Mebane St. Church of Christ)
- July 12: Lonely – Psalm 25:16 Bailey Forrest (Raleigh Church of Christ)
- July 19: Anger – Ephesians 4:26-27, Nelson Brockenbaugh (Shallote Church of Christ)
- July 26: Pride – James 4:6-7, Kirk Sams (Kannapolis Church of Christ)
- August 2: Doubt – John 20:24-29, Elisha Freeman (Raleigh Church of Christ)
- August 9: Bitterness – Hebrews 12:15, Monte Hampton (Fuquay Varina Church of Christ)
- August 16: Love of the World – 1 John 2:15, Matt Huddleston (South Fork Church of Christ)
- August 23: Self Worth – Genesis 1:26, Robin Vick (Roosevelt Dr. Church of Christ)
- August 30: God is for Us – Romans 8:31, Charlie Vasquez (Raleigh Church of Christ)
Our YouTube channel has a variety of recorded Bible classes.
RCC Kids Coloring Sheets
Faith of Our Fathers class resources, Winter 2022-23 Church History Class
The Courage of the Cross class resources, Fall 2022
Love and Hospitality Resources, Fall 2021
Our Sunday May 10, 2020 YouTube class was the start of short series on Sure Foundations:
Our Sunday April 19, 2020 YouTube class was the start of short series on Rediscovering the Resurrection:
In summer/fall 2017, several of our adult classes studied events and places from the life of Christ, using the Following the Messiah videos from Appian Media, which may also be viewed on YouTube.
In the last adult Following the Messiah class, Bailey Forrest shared a Possible Post-Resurrection Timeline covering the various appearances recorded in the Bible, in between Jesus’ resurrection and ascension.
In Spring 2017, we had lessons on four aspects of the problem of suffering, here are the slides from those:
- April 1 – Suffering as a result of Genesis 3
- April 8 – Suffering at the hands of others (slides from April 8 including also April 1)
- April 15 – Suffering of mystery (slides from April 15)
- May 6 – Suffering we bring on ourselves (slides from May 6)