This spring, on Sunday nights at 6pm our discussion focused on four aspects of the problem of suffering:
- April 1 – Suffering as a result of Genesis 3
- April 8 – Suffering at the hands of others (slides from April 8 including also April 1)
- April 15 – Suffering of mystery (slides from April 15)
- May 6 – Suffering we bring on ourselves (slides from May 6)
Bible classes for all ages are held at the building each Sunday morning at 9:30 am.
Adult classes for June – August are:
- Answers to Alleged Bible Discrepancies – Justin Collier, Elisha Freeman – Auditorium – This class will discuss and analyze how to answer alleged bible discrepancies by rightly dividing God’s inspired word. We will base our class on two books from Apologetics Press, The Anvil Rings: Answers to Alleged Bible Discrepancies Vol. 1 and The Anvil Rings: Vol. 2, by Eric Lyons.
- Potters Clay, Homebuilders – Following the Messiah – various teachers – Education Wing 2nd floor – Combined class based on a video series titled Following the Messiah. The videos will take us through the places where Jesus lived (birth, ministry, miracles, and others). Accompanying class materials will cover New Testament scriptures that describe with the places and events in the video series. These are high quality HD videos developed by Appian Media Group, which is operated by two brothers in the church of Christ
- Spanish Bible Study – Downstairs fellowship room
2018 Summer Series
Our summer series returns starting in June! The life we live is full of battles and it is imperative that we meet those battles with faith in God as the source of our victory. This year’s series is dedicated to examining some of the great battles of the Bible, and applying lessons from those battles to our daily lives. We hope you will make plans to join us on Wednesday nights at 7:00pm!
The schedule of topics is:
- June 6 – God and Pharaoh, Exodus 14:1-14 (Kelvin Moore, Selma Church of Christ)
- June 13 – Israel and the Amalekites, Exodus 17:8-16 (Andy Brewster, Charlotte Ave. Church of Christ)
- June 20 – Israel and Jericho, Joshua 6 (Mike Hinrichs, Rocky Mount Church of Christ)
- June 27 – Israel and Ai, Joshua 7-8 (Drew Baker, Southfork Church of Christ)
- July 4 – The Sun Stands Still, Joshua 7-8 (Aaron Gallagher, Raleigh Church of Christ)
- July 11 – Gideon’s 300, Judges 7-8:21 (Travis Robertson, Lake Norman Church of Christ)
- July 18 – The Ark is Captured, 1 Samuel 4:1-11
- July 25 – David and Goliath, 1 Samuel 17 (Monte Hampton, Fuquay Varina Church of Christ)
- August 1 – Hezekiah and Assyria, 2 Kings 18-19 (Jim Hobbs, Rutherford Church of Christ)
- August 8 – Jesus, Satan, and Temptation, Matthew 4:1-11 (Mike Dublin, South Central Church of Christ)
- August 15 – Jesus, the Flesh and the Spirit, Matthew 26:41 (Kirk Sams, Kannapolis Church of Christ)
- August 22 – Jesus and His Death (Battle against Sin), Mark 15 (Phil Stapp, Pine Valley Church of Christ)
- August 29 – Jesus and His Resurrection (Battle against Death), John 20 (Dennis Conner, Brooks Ave. Church of Christ)
Spring Wednesday Night Classes
Midweek Bible classes occur at the building at 7:00 pm each Wednesday. Classes are available for different groups, followed by a short devotional for all at 7:45.