Are you a believer? You are welcome. Are you a seeker? You are welcome. Are you struggling, questioning, lonely, sad, hurting? You are welcome.
Life is sometimes joyous, other times disappointing, difficult, even frightening…for all of us. Sunday morning worship gives us the opportunity for respite, comfort, encouragement—a time to remember that we’re not alone. We have each other. But more than that, our Creator and our Savior are walking with us step by step.
Here you’ll find friendly folks right inside the door waiting to meet you, to get you settled in a Bible class, or to help you find a seat for worship service.
What to Expect on Sunday
At RCC the worship hour is simple but meaningful. We sing. We pray. We give. We remember. We study together.
- We sing acapella, using our voices as instruments to praise, honor, and thank God with a mix of traditional hymns and contemporary Christian songs.
- We pray prayers of thankfulness as well as for healing, protection, strength, forgiveness, and peace.
- We give financially to support the work that we have committed ourselves to do in the community and in various mission locations around the world. The Sunday morning collection is our obligation, not yours.
- We remember the most important event in human history. Simple in demonstration but profound in meaning, we celebrate the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ our Savior during communion with trays of bread and grape juice (symbols of Christ’s body and blood).
- We study together the Scriptures, presented in a message that’s relevant to the social, emotional, and spiritual challenges we face day to day.
The worship service at RCC won’t require you to do anything you’re not comfortable doing or ready to do. Just come be with us, listen, observe, and get to know us.
What should I wear?
You’ll see people in business suits, jeans and t-shirts, dresses, pants, and everything in between. We’re interested in you, not your wardrobe.
Are you kid-friendly?
Yes! We love kids. They are precious gifts from God. We want families to be able to stay together during the worship service, so don’t worry if your children get a little restless. We happen to think that the voices of little children are beautiful.
We do have a nursery staffed by members who will take good care of your baby during Sunday school or worship if you would like. You are also more than welcome to stay with your little one or just pop in and out for a diaper change or feeding.
Do you meet at other times?
- On Sunday morning at 9:30 am, we have Bible classes for all ages before worship.
- On Sunday evening at 6:00 pm, we have a more casual service that meets downstairs in the fellowship hall. Usually this is a deeper, discussion-oriented exploration of the Sunday morning sermon. Communion is available for those that were unable to participate in the morning.
- On Wednesday night at 7:00 pm, we have Bible classes for all ages, followed by a short devotional together.